Each year we get to see more advanced mobile devices than ever before. Artificial intelligence and bezeless smartphones are already sweeping users off their feet. But it’s not just the hardware that is beefing up, mobile operating systems are also going head-to-head with the premium smartphones. Google’s spy apps Android is a prime example.
The most popular mobile operating system (81.7% smartphones are running Android) is no longer a scrappy preteen that is duking it out in a simulated schoolyard. In fact, the newest release from Google, Android P is much safer than you think. It is faster, smarter, more powerful and sweeter than any of the previous Android OS versions. But, no matter how advanced an OS is, you can still always use hidden spy for apps for Android to what others are up to.
And to help you out, we have prepared a list of best Android spyware programs of 2020 that will empower you to keep an eye on Android users’ online activities.
SPY24 aims to give you remote control of the target device by fetching information from it such as call logs, texts, emails, chats taking place on WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Viber, Skype, and other popular platforms. It even gives you the control to track GPS location and social media activities of the user if they have an account on Tinder or Instagram. The sleuthing tool can also be used to record device surroundings and monitors specific activities once the user defines the keywords such as names, numbers, and locations. It’s because of these features, it’s one of the best Android monitoring software.
The information collected through this Android spy software is easy to access from any internet ready device. Everything is uploaded to your personal SPY24 web account for you to review in your own time. All of this is done stealthily without your target ever knowing about it. Remember, you need one-time access to the device you wish to monitor in order to install the spy app. Once the app is installed, you are all set to lay your eyes on the target’s activities.
SPY24 is compatible with Android OS versions 4.0 to 10.0 It is one of the few spy apps that works on devices running the latest Android 10.0 Oreo.
SPY24 has classified its subscription packages into two categories: Basic Edition and Premium Edition. While the Basic plan has all the regular spying features, the Premium packages cater to the needs of power users with advanced functionalities. The Basic Edition can be availed for as low as $8.33 a month and Premium subscription can be enjoyed at $12.49 a month.
- Advanced features like geofencing, call recording, ambient Recording and quick Watchlist Alerts are hard to get at this price.
- The remote commands cause no lags or virtual interruptions.
- With Remote Installation Support, you won’t even have to configure the device to set the up spy app as it takes care of everything.
- 24/7 tech support is there to assist you through every step of the process.
- Extensive support for Android devices allows you to monitor oldest to latest mobile devices.
- User-friendly interface drastically enhances user experience.
- Allows you to retrieve deleted messages and other information.
- Register visited locations even when there is no cellular coverage.
- Doesn’t offer a free trial version.
- Lack support for personal computers, BlackBerry, Windows and Symbian devices.
Rating 9.4 out of 10
Spyzie lets you retrieve extensive details relating to the monitored device without blowing your cover. And it doesn’t even require you to root the device. The app can be used to track location, contacts, call logs, text messages, and much more. It also has the capability to monitor popular social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
Advanced features such as keylogger, screen capture, call recording, ambient recording and others make it a valuable solution for parents who want to monitor their children’s itsy-bitsy details of their cell phone use. The best part is this efficient Android monitoring software of 2020 stays 100 percent invisible on the target device as the app icon disappears once you install it on the desired device.
That said, you are required to access the target device manually in order to set up the program.
Spyzie is now compatible with Android 8.0 Oreo. But it’s unclear whether it still supports devices running previous Android OS versions such as 7.0 Nougat, 6.0 Marshmallow, 5.0 Lollipop, 4.4 KitKat, etc.
Spyzie has two subscription plans for users: Ultimate Edition and Premium Edition. The Ultimate Edition offers limited features, so the yearly license will cost you $89.88 a month. Whereas the Premium Edition lets you up your spy game with a huge cache of features. As a result, the price is also steep, i.e. $99.99 for a year’s license.
- The program offers almost all the spying features that are available on other popular software.
- It offers a schedule restriction feature that enables users to limit device’s usage.
- With App Activity graph, you can instantly determine which apps monitored person is using more often.
- The price of the app is on the higher side.
- Often fails to download call and ambient recordings.
- Doesn’t update GPS location in real time.
- After-sales service is poor. Their customer service persistently fails to address users’ issues.
- Spyzie is deceiving potential buyers of others spy apps by running fake online ads such as this one.
Rating: 8.3 out of 10
Flexispy is another useful spying tool and ranks on third on list. The program lets you snoop on popular Android messaging apps like Facebook Messenger, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp, Tinder, and more. View phone contacts, internet browsing history, track app activity, snap images with the remote camera feature and see everything that is being typed on the monitored device.
The spy app has a remarkable ambient recording function that lets you eavesdrop on behind-the-wall conversations. Also, it allows you to track the location of the monitored device by pinpointing the location on a map. You can ever record VOIP calls with the stealth spy app and monitor specific activities by creating custom alerts.
Flexispy works with mobile devices only. It’s a huge turn off for people who are seeking a solution that supports all the devices, including desktop monitoring. That said, Flexispy is compatible with all the devices that are running Android OS 4.0.3 to 7.1.1. However, you need to root the device to enjoy all the Flexispy features.
You have to choose between the Premium and Extreme packages in order to get a valid license to use this app. The 12-month Premium package costs about $149 a month whereas the 12-month Extreme plan for demanding users will cost you $349 a month.
- Handle multiple devices at once using individual dashboard.
- Track suspicious words in text messages, get notified when a certain number calls and enters or leaves a certain area using Alert Wizard.
- Download recorded phone calls in bulk.
- The skilled technicians at Flexispy have made the installation process easy.
- Flexispy doesn’t support latest devices that come with Android 8.0 Oreo.
- It doesn’t allow users to intercept phone calls on Dual SIM phones and CDMA networks.
- The app hangs when you run remote camera capture functionality.
- People who aren’t that tech-savvy find it very difficult to use because it has a very complex user interface.
- Flexispy claims to offer more than 150 spying features, but in reality, that isn’t the case.
- Users cannot claim a refund because it doesn’t have any quibble refund policy.
- The prices for the subscription packages are quite steep.
Rating: 8.0 out of 10.
The high-end mobile monitoring spy app can aid you to safeguard your children and business interests. It lets you track browsing history, saved videos and photos. Furthermore, you can record phone calls and get the location of the device with this app even if the GPS feature is turned off. In case of an issue, you can seek instant help by connecting with the live chat support staff of this great Android monitoring software of 2020.
MobiStealth is tamper proof. This ensures the app keeps running in the background at all times. Getting the app installed on the device is relatively easy. Once installed, the app begins to collect information without ado. You can spy on calls, text messages, access calendar entries, remotely control the device as well as installed apps.
MobiStealth’s official website doesn’t describe which Android operating systems this software supports. As a result, it’s hard to say which Android devices you can tap with this tool. However, the company did mention on its website that they are compatible with all carriers. This includes 3, AT&T, Orange, Sprint, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Vodafone, and Verizon.
The 12-month basic Pro plan of MobiStealth can be bought for $119.99, while the premium Pro-X package can be subscribed for $179.99.
- Offers free update feature.
- Logs every keystroke with the keylogging and screenshot features.
- Bug an environment by recording target device’s surroundings.
- Provides you access to target’s Gmail activities.
- Customer support isn’t available 24/7.
- There is no actual refund policy.
- The program doesn’t seem to support latest Android devices.
- MobiStealth doesn’t offer any free trial.
- Some spying functionalities of the app could infringe privacy laws.
- The features vary from platform to platform.
- Both subscription plans carry a hefty price tag.
Rating: 7.5 out of 10
Spyera is another popular Android monitoring software of 2020 designed to offer a variety of cell phone monitoring features. Some characteristics of the sleuthing software include listening to the device surroundings, location tracking, eavesdropping on phone conversations undetectably, accessing text messages, and emails, chats, MMS and contact details.
Spyera offers all the features one would expect from the latest breed of mobile spy apps. In fact, you can find some additional and advanced features. For instance, the spyware has the capability to tap into someone’s BBM messages. Setting up the app also doesn’t take too long, but it requires rooting.
Spyera is compatible with all Android operating systems including 7.1.1 version. But it has yet to release an update to support latest Android devices like Samsung Galaxy S8, 8+ and Note 8.
The yearly license fee for a smartphone is $389. However, if you are looking to tap into someone’s Android tablet, then the charges will be slightly less, $249 for 12 months.
- Remote control feature of the program lets you regulate different aspects of the target phone.
- The program is fairly easy to use.
- It offers a hoard of spying features.
- Lets you set SIM card change alert, use spy camera feature, pry on calls, remotely uninstall the app, and gives you the option to check battery levels on the target device.
- Spyera doesn’t support devices running Android 8.0 Oreo.
- The absence of Free Trial and Live Demo is a big disappointment for users as there is no other way to gauge the performance of the program before buying it.
- Since users can only register their complaints by generating Support Ticket, it takes Spyera a lot of time to address users concerns.
- It won’t let you block websites or keywords.
- It requires some technical skills to install the app on an Android device.
- This is an expensive product. Considering you have to disburse hundreds of dollars even if you are buying a 3-month plan.
- The spy camera feature frequently causes a lag.
Rating: 7.1 out of 10
6. Highster Mobile
Highster Mobile caused some serious stir in the spy app market when it was first made available, thanks to its one-time payment solution. Though the range of supported devices isn’t too big, this cell phone spy app offers a variety of features to keep tabs on your workforce and children. You can see call history log, record phone calls, track text messages, activate the microphone on the target device, find its GPS location, access stored multimedia files and view browsing history.
The thing about Highster Mobile that makes it ranks amongst the top Android monitoring software of 2020 is it can be installed in various ways. For instance, you can choose to type an address on the browser of the target device, scan the app’s QR code or use Bluetooth/USB cable to transfer it from your personal computer.
Highster Mobile works with nearly all the phones and tablets running Android operating systems 3.0 to 8.0.
Highster Mobile is available for $70 one-time fee. Meaning, you can use it as long as you want. However, it’s a bad deal for people who want to use it for short-term.
- Stealth camera allows you to snap pictures and make videos undetectably.
- Lets you track popular social networks like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and more.
- The live control panel is another sophisticated feature that makes Highster a favorite among users.
- Users are of the view that their customer service is far from being customer-friendly.
- The refund policy of Highster Mobile cannot be taken seriously.
- It takes a bit longer than others to install Highster Mobile because the installation process involves a lot of tedious steps. For instance, first you need to choose an OS, then the application after which you will get the download link. Next, you have to follow a step-by-step process to set it up on the target device.
- The app isn’t that efficient when it comes to obtaining communication logs.
- It doesn’t offer a huge cache of spy features. You cannot create watchlist alerts, record surroundings, or initiate remote commands with this software.
- There is no Free Trial or Live Demo for potential buyers.
- The hefty one-time fee is a big negative.
Rating: 6.6 out of 10.
Cocospy is a well-known spying app that is typically used by parents to keep track of their kids. In fact, the developers also particularly market the apps to parents as well. Nevertheless, it offers an impressive set of functions for a parental monitoring app. For example, you can view call logs, read text messages, monitor the phone’s location in real-time, view all contacts and installed apps, and go through web browsing history. Furthermore, Cocospy can be used to view all photos and videos saved on the phone, receive alerts on SIM card changes, and monitor keystrokes with the keylogger. It also monitors a vast range of instant messaging apps such as Instagram, WeChat, Telegram, LINE, Kik, Tinder, Skype, WhatsApp, and Facebook.
The app’s website does not provide information on Cocospy’s compatibility options.
There are three different subscription options available with Cocospy. The basic version provides very limited features but comes with a very affordable price tag of USD 8.33 a month. The premium version is also highly affordable, costing just USD 9.99 per month. A family version, that costs USD 16.66 per month, is also available. It offers premium features and allows installation on three different devices.
- It is a very affordable option with a decent range of features.
- The app can monitor messages on a very broad range of instant messaging apps, making it highly suitable for parents.
- There is no requirement to root the Android phone.
- The family subscription option is affordable and works on multiple devices.
- The app does not provide any alerts-based service.
- There is no available information on the app’s compatibility.
- The website does not have a live customer support option.
- Cocospy does not have any phone remote control function.
Rating: 5.9 out of 10.
With some apps on our list getting a retirement, we decided to give this new spy app, Spyic, a try. To our expectations, Spyic did manage to reserve a spot on our list of top 10 spyware programs for Android. However, Spyic is just as good as any basic Android spy app. For any Android spyware, rooting allows one to unlock its full potential, but Spyic doesn’t have a rooted version available. And while Spyic claims to provide social media monitoring without rooting, it’s hard to believe that since every other spyware on our list requires rooted Android devices for that feature to work.
While the app seems promising, we’ll suggest you tread carefully at your own risk!
Apparently, Spyic works with all the newer Android devices running the latest Android firmware.
Spyic isn’t the best app around when it comes to pricing. It comes in three different Android versions: Basic, Premium, and Family. All three versions can be bought for a month, quarter or full year.
- Premium: $119.99 ($9.99/month) for the 12-month license
- Basic: $99.99 ($8.33/month) for the 12-month license
- Family (for 3 devices): $199.99 ($16.66/month) for the 12-month license
- Easy to use; doesn’t require rooting
- Fairly new so should work fine because many spy apps performance go down with time
- Pricey for an Android spy app that doesn’t provide rooted features
- Performance stats not available yet
Rating: 5.3 out of 10.
TheTruthSpy is a popular tracking app and service that proffers all the basic spying features you want to see in a spying software to keep a check on your workers and young ones’ activities. You can leverage it to monitor call logs, messages, internet usage, contacts info, and social network activities. It lets you monitor Facebook, WhatsApp, and Viber, but it lacks the ability to track emails.
The GPS location tracking function of TheTruthSpy allows you to find out the whereabouts of the monitored person without invading their privacy. It records everything that is typed on the tracked device with the keylogging feature. Furthermore, you can use the app to receive instant notifications, see app usage, and send SMS commands to perform a specific action.
TheTruthSpy last released an upgraded version of its app back in December 2016 that is compatible with Android 7.1.2. This means it doesn’t work with latest Android. Also, it’s unclear if TheTruthSpy still supports previous versions of Android OS.
TheTruthSpy offers three different plans: Standard, Premium, and Gold. While the standard package proffers limited features and priced at $21.99 a month, the Premium plan requires you to pay $25.99 a month to avail some high-end features. The Gold plan is your ticket to get all the features proffered by TheTruthSpy.
- The 48 hours free trial offer makes it a good value proposition.
- It’s a breeze to install this spyware.
- The multiple tracking features can aid you to raise your spy game.
- SMS commands are invasive and can alert the monitored person about the suspicious activity.
- It doesn’t have email monitoring that is a big disadvantage because virtually all other spy apps have this particular feature.
- Some features didn’t seem to work even after rooting the device. GPS locator and Picture History are among the prime functions that failed to work seamlessly even after rooting.
- Viber and Skype history are two other features that fail to work for users.
- Limited compatibility makes it harder to use for devices that are running less popular OS.
- It’s a very expensive solution when compared to other alternatives.
- Poor customer service and refund policy also dispel users and pushes them to rival platforms as alternatives
See Also: Android App Spy Tracker
Rating: 4.4 out of 10.
SpyBubble is not the most renowned Android monitoring app. However, it offers flexible packages tailored to meet the needs of those who want to track multiple devices. When it comes to functions, though, SpyBubble is not the most impressive. As for the available features, SpyBubble can be used to record phone calls and track phone location. Similarly, it can monitor messages exchanged via popular instant messaging and social media apps. A keylogging feature, along with internet browsing history service is available too.
SpyBubble supports Android phones running on versions above 4.0. Moreover, it can also be installed on Windows and macOS computers.
SpyBubble offers two subscription options to choose from. The personal plan costs USD 24.95 per month and can be used only on a single device. The professional plan costs USD 49.95 a month and can be installed on five different phones. Both versions offer the same set of features.
- Simple and easy to use control panel.
- Support for Windows and macOS devices.
- A professional plan subscription can be used to track multiple phones and computers.
- It offers a free trial version too.
- Poorly designed that provides limited information and is difficult to navigate.
- Lack of advanced features such as geofencing, phone remote control, alerts, call logs, or emails.
- It’s an expensive option given the number of features provided.
- There is no live customer support.
- The app does not have any presence in this category of apps, so it is difficult to ascertain its reliability.
Rating 4.3 out of 10.
spy24.ir is not the most renowned Android monitoring app. However, it offers flexible packages tailored to meet the needs of those who want to track multiple devices. When it comes to functions, though, spy24.ir is not the most impressive. As for the available features, spy24.ir can be used to record phone calls and track phone location. Similarly, it can monitor messages exchanged via popular instant messaging and social media apps. A keylogging feature, along with internet browsing history service is available too.
How We Rated These Android Spy Apps?
Our analysis of the above apps will enable you to make an informed decision when choosing an app to spy on an Android device as we have used the following criteria to rate these top 10 Android spy apps of 2020 :
- Ease of use
- Customer Support
- Live Demo/Free Trial
We have taken a weighted average of the aforementioned criteria to give each app it’s overall rating.
Fake Android Spy Apps to Avoid:
Does the name sound familiar? Of course, it does. It rhymes with the number 1 app on our list, i.e. SPY24. It’s common for an app as popular as SPY24 to have copycats. But be careful not to take your cards out for “SPY24” because there’s no guarantee what else could you lose apart from your money when you download some unreliable spyware on their phone. The target phone user could get into many different types of troubles. Their personal information could be extracted from their devices by this shady spyware and then sold off the internet or used for extortion. So beware and don’t try “SPY24” when you can get SPY24 with the advanced features, a minimal price, and 24/7 customer support.
There’s not just a single copycat who’s trying to profit from the name of the best Android spyware out there. SPY24 is just another flawed app that you shouldn’t try at all. But we had to tell because it’s easy getting scammed when you miss out on tiny details, like the difference of only one letter between the original and fake app’s names.
- Which Android devices are compatible with SPY24?All Android devices are compatible with the app, including 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x. The devices compatible with the app include Android phones and tablets.
- What does the keylogger feature do?Keylogging is short for keystroke logging. It is a feature provided by most spy apps, and it monitors the keystrokes on the device. With SPY24, the keylogger feature works on applications such as WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, Facebook, and Facebook Messenger. Hence, you can monitor all the outgoing messages on the device.
- Do I need physical access to download SPY24 on Android?To download and install the app on an Android, you need a physical access to the device. After you have subscribed to SPY24, a download link will be sent to your email account. Open the link on the device that you want install the app on. After the file is downloaded, you can simply install the app just like any other app download from the internet.
- How do I update SPY24?The team at SPY24 is committed to improving user experience and offering the best features. Hence, the app is regularly updated. To update the app on the phone, you need to reinstall the app on the device.
- How often is the data uploaded to the account?If the phone is connected to Wi-Fi, you will receive live updates. If the device is not connected to the Wi-Fi, you will not receive live updates. To change this setting, log into your SPY24 account. Select Settings, and go to Toggle Features. Scroll to the end of the list, and turn off “Upload Media Content on Wi-Fi.”
Android devices are a haven for cell phone spyware programs and for that reason, we get to see a fairly big list for Android spy apps. However, SPY24’s extensive and expansive features make this a no brainer. The app may not have the biggest list of features, but it does have all the necessary ones, including many exclusives (like the Call Time Activity Punch Card, actuarial reports for top callers and top browsed sites, etc.), which could save you hours of your daily time—that time which you otherwise would be spending sifting through every phone log, one by one. SPY24 is easy to use, delivers consistent performance, and offers an extensive array of features with relatively fewer limitations.